Saturday, October 13, 2012

Potato & Vegan Kielbasa

My dad use to make this dish when we were kids and I LOVED it. I haven't had it in years, but was craving it the other day so I decided to make a vegan version.

What you will need:
1 package Tofurky kielbasa, sliced
8 small yellow potatoes (or 2-3 large potatoes)
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
3-4 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper and hot sauce to taste


1. Preheat oven to 450°. Slice potatoes into thin discs. Place in a large bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated.


2. Add sliced kielbasa, salt & pepper and continue to toss.


3. Thinly coat the bottom of a glass dish with olive oil and spread potato & kielbasa into it. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.


4. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes to add a bit of crispiness to the dish.


5. If you like spice, add some hot sauce to the top (I have to do this separately since the husband doesn't like spice). Serve with green, steamed broccoli or a nice salad.



5 comments:

  1. I had to do a google search to know what kielbasa was, but the recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to make this with my sister sometime; she was curious about vegan kielbasa & this recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winning combo!!! Bet your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete